The 2022 MLB World Series between Philadelphia Phillies vs Houston Astros starts next Friday, October 28th at the Astros’ home and here at JefeBet we bring you the picks of the leading experts in the field, who are part of the largest and most specialized chains in the sports industry.
While Houston, a favorite in all bets, is seeking the second World Series ring in its history after clinching its first in 2017 and losing two finals in the last four seasons, the surprising Philadelphia team, which advanced to the postseason as the third wild card in the National League, is seeking its third title and first since 2008.
Without further ado, here are the experts’ predictions and picks for the 2022 MLB World Series.
Expert predictions and picks for the 2022 MLB World Series between Philadelphia Phillies vs Houston Astros
|Stephen Nesbitt||The Athletic||Astros|
|Jon Greenberg||The Athletic||Phillies|
|Kaitlyn McGrath||The Athletic||Astros|
|Tim Britton||The Athletic||Phillies|
|Jim Bowden||The Athletic||Astros|
|Jayson Stark||The Athletic||Astros|
|Jen McCaffrey||The Athletic||Phillies|
|R.J. Anderson||CBS Sports||Astros|
|Mike Axisa||CBS Sports||Phillies|
|Dayn Perry||CBS Sports||Phillies|
|Matt Snyder||CBS Sports||Astros|
|Stephen Pianovich||CBS Sports||Phillies|
|Kate Feldman||CBS Sports||Phillies|
Notes about the Experts’ Analysis
- The series between the Phillies and Astros will be one of the most entertaining in recent years due to the offensive capabilities that both teams have displayed during the postseason.
- Philadelphia is in a great moment, but Houston’s pitching was one of the best in the league and the second lowest in home runs hit. This is something very important against a team that depends on its home runs.
- Houston is the best pitching Philadelphia will face this postseason, but they already eliminated the Braves and Padres, two teams with pretty decent pitching staffs.
- The Astros have no shortcomings in any area. Their hitting can deliver at any time and in any way, their rotation is elite, their relievers were among the league’s best, and their defense is unbeatable.
- The offensive trident of Bryce Harper, Rhys Hoskins and Kyle Schawrber is in its prime and all have proven capable of connecting with the best pitchers in the majors .