The moment awaited by all soccer fans around the world has finally arrived. Every four years, the two greatest teams in the world compete to win the prized FIFA trophy. The 2022 World Cup final in Qatar is approaching, and with it the showdown between Argentina and France, two sides who have unquestionably distinguished themselves from the competition and who will compete honestly against one another in this classification.
The match will take place on Sunday, December 18, at the Lusail Stadium. Both teams are two-time world champions and have one of the biggest stars in world soccer in their ranks. Lionel Messi, who is still regarded by many as the best player ever, leads Argentina, champions in 1978 and 1986. He is backed by a younger generation of athletes who are competing to win him the championship he is still seeking.
Kylian Mbappé, who’s anticipated to take the place of the Argentine star, represents France, which won the trophy in 1998 and 2018. Additionally, France keeps the majority of the team that wowed fans throughout the entire World Cup in Russia four years ago.
At JefeBet we have already offered you our analysis of this transcendental match and also the statistics and predictions of what might happen at Lusail Stadium. Now, in addition to that, we bring you the experts’ predictions, so you can draw your own conclusions about Argentina vs France, the final of the 2022 World Cup Qatar.
Picks and expert predictions for the 2022 World Cup Qatar Final between Argentina and France
|Jeff Rueter||The Athletic (USA)||Argentina|
|Juan Manuel Trenado||La Nación (Argentina)||Argentina|
|Christophe Remise||Le Figaro (France)||France|
|Ed Malyon||The Athletic (USA)||France|
|Luis Alfredo Álvarez||ESPN||Argentina|
Curious facts about Argentina vs France for the 2022 World Cup Final
- France is going for its third World Cup, having won on home soil in 1998 and in Russia in 2018. If they win, they would be the first two-time champions since Brazil won the 1958 and 1962 World Cups. The other country that once achieved this feat was Italy, in 1934 and 1938.
- This will be the fourth final that the French team has reached. In addition to the two wins, they also participated in the pivotal game in Germany 2006, when they lost to Italy in the final.
- Argentina is facing its sixth World Cup final, although it has lost its last two: in 1990 and 2014, both to Germany.
- Lionel Messi is Argentina’s top scorer in World Cups with 11 goals. With the goal against Croatia, he surpassed Gabriel Batistuta (10).
- Alphonse Areola, Hugo Lloris, Steve Mandanda, Lucas Hernandez (injured), Raphael Varane, Benjamin Pavard, Ousmane Dembelé, Antoine Griezmann, Kylian Mbappé, and Olivier Giroud are among the ten players from Russia 2018 who are back for France.
- Argentina has 7 players in the squad who played against France in the Russia 2018 Round of 16 match: Franco Armani, Nicolás Otamendi, Nicolás Tagliafico, Lionel Messi, Ángel Di María, Marcos Acuña and Paulo Dybala.