The group stage kicks off with Belgium hosting Canada. The match starts on Wednesday at 1:00 PM AST at Ahmad bin Ali Stadium. Both these teams will be aiming to make a statement early in the group stage, looking for some momentum they can build off of.
Betting Preview for the Belgium vs Canada FIFA World Cup Match in Qatar on November 23, 2022
Where: Ahmad bin Ali Stadium – Umm Al Afaei, Qatar
When: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 1:00 PM AST
Betting on Canada
Canada managed to qualify for this group stage thanks to some pretty remarkable numbers. And no doubt they will try to preserve and top them still during this phase in order to move forward. The club’s coach, John Herdman, will be guiding his players to victory as they enter the match with good results on previous phases.
Specifically, the squad has the following players called up:
- In terms of goalkeepers, they’ll have St, Pantemis, and Borjan.
- They will play in addition to defenders Davies, Johnston, Cornelius, Waterman, Miller, Laryea, Adekugbe, and Vitoria.
- In the middle of the field will be Hutchinson, Wotherspoon, Koné, Osorio, Fraser, Kaye, Eustaquio, and Piette.
- Larin, Ugbo, David, Hoilett, Cavallini, Liam Millar, and Buchanan will play on the attack.
Betting on Belgium
Belgium will debut against Canada in this new campaign, keen to rob their opponents of the ability to take any points as they hope to clinch a playoff berth. The coach, Roberto Martínez knows that he’s got the best and will no doubt attempt to guide everyone to victory.
Specifically, the club has these players called up:
- As far as goalies go, they’ll have Sels, Mignolet, and Courtois.
- They will be accompanied by Boyata, Denayer, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Castagne, Meunier, and Vermaelen on the defensive side.
- On the offensive side of the field will be Witsel, Praet, Vanaken, De Bruyne, Dendoncker, and Tielemans.
- Benteke, Mertens, Hazard, Doku, Trossard, Batshuayi, Chadli, Lukaku, Hazard, and Carrasco will play as attackers.
Belgium vs Canada | Moneyline, Over/Under and Spread Odds
Moneyline Pick: Belgium (-195) at PointsBet
Belgium are considered the favorite by many soccer fans and oddsmakers.
Over/Under Pick: Under 2.5 Total Goals (+100) at PointsBet
The total quantity of goals scored between the two clubs is predicted to be under 2.5.
Spread Pick: Belgium -1 Goal (-114) at PointsBet
Belgium will need to win by the amount of the spread or more in order to cover.
Ready to bet on this game? Get access to industry-leading enrollment promotions if you register through one of our trusted partners. Click the banner below to sign up and claim your welcome bonus and much more!