The group stage kicks off with Spain hosting Costa Rica. The match takes place on Wednesday at 10:00 AM AST at Al Thumama Stadium. Both these sides will be hoping to make a statement early in the campaign, knowing that the hard work they put in now could pay off further down the road.
Betting Preview for the Spain vs Costa Rica FIFA World Cup Match in Qatar on November 23, 2022
Where: Al Thumama Stadium (Doha, Qatar)
When: 10:00 AM AST on Wednesday, November 23, 2022
Betting on Costa Rica
Costa Rica managed to qualify for this group stage in part due to getting some remarkable results. And no doubt they will try to improve them still during this period in order to continue on. The club’s coach, Luis Fernando Suárez, will be guiding his players to victory as they come into the match with good results on previous phases.
Specifically, the club has these players called up:
- As far as goalkeepers go, they’ll have Alvarado, Keylor Navas, and Patrick Sequeira.
- They will play in addition to defenders Oviedo, Carlos Martínez, Calvo, Vargas, Fuller, Waston, Duarte, and Matarrita.
- In the middle of the field will be Zamora, Aguilera, Ruiz, Borges, Chacón, López, Torres, Wilson, Salas, and Tejeda.
- Contreras, Anthony Hernández, Bennette, Campbell, and Venegas will play on the attack.
Betting on Spain
Spain will debut against Costa Rica in this new campaign, keen to take as many points as possible from their opponents as they hope to get a spot in the playoffs. The coach, Luis Enrique knows that he’s got the best and will no doubt attempt to guide his men to a win.
Specifically, the team has called up the following players:
- In terms of goalies, they’ll have De Gea, Sánchez, and Unai Simón.
- They will be accompanied by Laporte, Azpilicueta, Llorente, García, Gayà, Jordi Alba, and Pau on the defensive side.
- On the offensive side of the field will be Dani Olmo, Fabián, Koke, Llorente, Pedri, Rodri, Busquets, and Thiago.
- Morata, Traoré, Ferran Torres, Gerard Moreno, Oyarzabal, and Sarabia will play as attackers.
Spain vs Costa Rica | Moneyline, Over/Under and Spread Odds
Moneyline Pick: Spain (-650) at PointsBet
Spain are considered the favorite by many soccer fans and oddsmakers.
Over/Under Pick: Under 2.5 Total Goals (+120) at PointsBet
The total number of goals scored between the two clubs is predicted to be under 2.5.
Spread Pick: Spain -2 Goal (-112) at PointsBet
Spain will need to win by the amount of the spread or more in order to cover.
Ready to bet on this game? Get access to industry-leading enrollment promotions if you register through one of our trusted partners. Click the banner below to sign up and claim your welcome bonus and much more!