The group stage kicks off with USMNT hosting Wales. The match takes place on Monday at 1:00 PM AST at Ahmad bin Ali Stadium. Both these sides will be going all out to make a statement early in the group stage, looking for some momentum they can build off of.
Betting Preview for the United States vs Wales FIFA World Cup Match in Qatar on November 21, 2022
Where: Ahmad bin Ali Stadium (Umm Al Afaei, Qatar)
When: 1:00 PM AST on Monday, November 21, 2022
Betting on Wales
Wales managed to qualify for this group stage due to their solid performance. And no doubt they will try to maintain and improve them still during this phase in order to move forward. The club’s coach, Robert Page, will be navigating his team on the field to victory as they enter the match with good results on previous phases.
Specifically, the club has called up the following players:
- In terms of goalies, they’ll have Davies, Ward, and Hennessey.
- They will be accompanied by Cabango, Davies, Gunter, Mepham, Roberts, Ampadu, Rodon, Williams, Norrington-Davies, and Lockyer on the defensive side.
- In the middle of the field will be Ramsey, Levitt, Allen, Morrell, Smith, and Colwill.
- Brooks, James, Bale, Wilson, Williams, Moore, and Roberts will play as attackers.
Betting on United States
USMNT will debut against Wales in this new campaign, keen to rob their opponents of the ability to take any points as they hope to punch their ticket to the playoffs. The coach, Gregg Berhalter knows that he’s got the best players on his side and will no doubt attempt to guide his men to a win.
Specifically, the team has the following players called up:
- As far as goalies go, they’ll have Horvath, Turner, and Johnson.
- They will be accompanied by Long, Robinson, Carter-Vickers, Yedlin, Scally, Dest, Moore, Ream, and Zimmerman on the defensive side.
- On the offensive side of the field will be Aaronson, Roldán, Reyna, Kellyn Acosta, De La Torre, Adams, Mckennie, and Yunus Musah.
- Pulišić, Wright, Morris, Sargent, Jesús Ferreira, and Weah will play on the attack.
USMNT vs Wales | Moneyline, Over/Under and Spread Odds
Moneyline Pick: United States (+150) at PointsBet
United States are considered the favorite by many soccer fans and oddsmakers.
Over/Under Pick: Under 2.5 Total Goals (-210) at PointsBet
The total number of goals netted between the two clubs is predicted to be under 2.5.
Spread Pick: United States -0.25 Goals (+114) at PointsBet
United States will need to win by the amount of the spread or more in order to cover.
Ready to bet on this game? Get access to industry-leading enrollment promotions if you register through one of our trusted partners. Click the banner below to sign up and claim your welcome bonus and much more!