The group stage kicks off with Uruguay hosting South Korea. The match begins on Thursday at 7:00 AM AST at Education City Stadium. Both these teams will be hoping to make a statement early in the campaign, looking for some momentum they can build off of.
Uruguay and South Korea last took on each other on June 26, 2010, a match which ended in a victory for Uruguay.
Betting Preview for the Uruguay vs South Korea FIFA World Cup Match in Qatar on November 24, 2022
Where: Education City Stadium – Al Rayyan, Qatar
When: Thursday, November 24, 2022 at 7:00 AM AST
Betting on South Korea
South Korea managed to qualify for this group stage due to their solid performance. And no doubt they will try to maintain and improve them still during this phase in order to move forward. The club’s coach, Paulo Bento, will be guiding his players to victory as they come into the match with good results on previous phases.
Specifically, the squad has the following players called up:
- In terms of goalies, they’ll have Bum-Keun Song, Hyeon-Woo Jo, and Seung-Gyu Kim.
- They will be accompanied by Chul Hong, Jin-Su Kim, Jong-Gyu Yoon, Kyung-Won Kwon, Min-Jae Kim, Moon-Hwan Kim, Tae-Hwan Kim, Young-Gwon Kim, and Yu-Min Cho on the defensive side.
- In the middle of the field will be In-Beom Hwang, Jae-Sung Lee, Joon-Ho Son, Kang-In Lee, Sang-Ho Na, Seung-Ho Paik, and Woo-Yeong Jeong.
- Chang-Hoon Kwon, Gue-Sung Cho, Hee-Chan Hwang, Heung-Min Son, Min-Kyu Song, Ui-Jo Hwang, and Woo-Young Jung will play as attackers.
Betting on Uruguay
Uruguay will start their journey against South Korea in this new campaign, keen to rob their opponents of the ability to take any points as they hope to get a spot in the playoffs. The coach, Diego Alonso knows that he’s got the best and will no doubt attempt to guide everyone to victory.
Specifically, the club has called up the following players:
- In terms of goalkeepers, they’ll have Sosa, Muslera, and Rochet.
- They will be accompanied by Godín, Varela, Giménez, Rodriguez, Cáceres, Olivera, Viña, Araujo, and Coates on the defensive side.
- On the offensive side of the field will be De Arrascaeta, Valverde, Torreira, Ugarte, Vecino, De La Cruz, and Bentancur.
- Canobbio, Núñez, Cavani, Pellistri, Torres, Suárez, and Gómez will play on the attack.
Uruguay vs South Korea | Moneyline, Over/Under and Spread Odds
Moneyline Pick: Uruguay (-130) at PointsBet
Uruguay are considered the favorite per oddsmakers.
Over/Under Pick: Under 2 Total Goals (+109) at PointsBet
The total number of goals netted between the two clubs is estimated at under 2.
Spread Pick: Uruguay -0.75 Goals (+104) at PointsBet
Uruguay will need to win by the amount of the spread or more in order to cover.
Ready to bet on this game? Get access to industry-leading enrollment promotions if you register through one of our trusted partners. Click the banner below to sign up and claim your welcome bonus and much more!